= Not Available
Availability last updated: 08/31/2015
Note: Availability data is reasonably current but is not 'real-time' and may lag actual bookings.
When requesting a reservation, please call us to set it up and verify availability of the site you are interested in. Call 802-394-7836 between the hours of 9am and 4pm EST to make a reservation.
1) Reservations are required for camping at Merck Forest & Farmland Center. Your reservation can be made up to one year in advance. When you call to make your reservation, please have your Visa or MasterCard handy; payment is due when making the reservation.
2) Payments are non-refundable unless notice of cancellation is received at least 10 days prior to scheduled camping dates. Please let us know as soon as possible if your plans change so we can make the site available to other campers! If a cancellation is not made within 10 days we will not issue a refund. We cannot issue refunds due to inclement weather.
3) Since all campsites are distant (up to 3 miles from the Visitor Center), be sure to allow plenty of time to hike in and set up before dark. Campers are asked in check in at the Visitor Center during business hours: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily. We also ask that campers sign the visitor registration at the kiosk by the front gate. Campers can check into their campsites at noon on the day they arrive, and must check out by noon on their departure date.
4) Cabin woodstoves are not suitable for cooking food. Please plan to bring a camp stove. If you are using a stove that uses white gas it must be used outdoors only! White gas stoves pose a serious risk of fire and air quality issues. Propane stoves are suitable for indoor use. Firewood is supplied for heating purposes only, not for cooking. Also, campers should not use firewood for outdoor fires. Please gather fallen branches for outdoor use.
5) We recommend that all water from our property be treated by boiling, filtering or adding iodine tablets before it is consumed. Some of the shelters have nearby streams or springs where you can get water. Water is available at the pumps located behind the barn at the farm and near the Lodge (staff residence).
6) If Merck Forest staff has to clean or repair a cabin after occupants leave and before the next occupants arrive a fee ($30 minimum) will be determined for the cleaning/repair and will be charged to the credit card of the person who made the reservation.
7) Remember! You cannot drive to your camp site. All your supplies need to be carried in, so pack as lightly as possible. Pack it in; pack it out- please take your trash with you.
8) Underage drinking is not permitted on Merck Forest property. The drinking age is 21 and any campers or visitors who violate this law will be asked to leave immediately. Firearms are not permitted at camp sites or cabins. We will contact the State Police and request their assistance in enforcing these policies.
9) We reserve the right to revoke camping privileges or to assess fines for violation of our camping policies.
Powered by Availability Online Booking Engine